DesignGatha strives to provide the perfect terrace and landscape design services for its clients, because every space has a story to tell!
Designgatha Guides you to The Perfect Way to Design Your Garden!
We plan and design gardens the way you wish too utilize the space. We ask your need; what type of plants, shrubs, flowers you want to grow, how do you want your garden to look like!
If there is ample space, we give you flat sandstone walk paths, cobble stones pathways for aesthetic appeal. We can add a water body, a fountain or a small artificial pond too. If it is conducive, we can suggest including some fishes and ducks too. If you are pet lovers, we can keep a corner for rabbits and a home corner for your favourite dog as well.
If you love to grow vegetables, we can design a greenhouse for you and ample space for to grow scented flowers too. Flower beds can be specially customised and designed as per your garden requirements. You can have your garden in yellows, oranges, purples and red streaming all over. Gradually your garden will look lush and vibrant, just the way you wanted!
If you look to cook outdoor, we can provide you with various options – if you wish to have a tandoor, a barbecue and or a rotisserie. We can build a brick outdoor kitchen for you with granite surfaces which will be conducive to weather elements and long lasting.
Our queries will be to the minute details relating to outdoor seating arrangements, according to your space; if you wish to have wicker, cane or rattan furniture with an umbrella to ward off the bright sunny rays, so be it, we are ready to provide you with the choices in forms of types of outdoor upholstery material, colours available and design choices.
DesignGatha will update you on the various aspects, you should know before building a roof garden or terrace garden in a luxury building?
Residential roof garden design is a collaborative process. Consult your architect before you make any structural changes!
The DesignGatha team will help you design your roof garden based on your needs and aspirations; we will analyse the challenges of you site and create plans based on you, as users and your lifestyle. We will approach your terrace garden site with an aesthetic, functional, horticultural and sustainable perspective.
DesignGatha will help you to understand your roof’s weight restrictions!
We are in collaboration with renowned architects who will guide you to the correct structural changes as and when required.
We will interpret the weight restrictions for your roof or terrace, as this will impact what elements you choose to install your outdoor landscape. The loading capacity is how much weight your roof structure can support. Once you have that information you can then determine what is possible in terms of limitations for your rooftop garden design.
DesignGatha provides suggestions for you, how to keep your terrace garden safe!
– Planters to be kept a minimum distance from parapets.
– Irrigation system for your planters should be well planned.
– If irrigation system is not possible, then you should maintain rooftop succulent plants or shallow rooted plants which require and use little water.– You should maintain minimum plant diversity to simplify care and ensure all plants have similar moisture requirements
– Porcelain pavers are considerably lighter than the weight of concrete or stone pavers.
– Use lightweight soil or a soilless mix of planting medium.
– Use lightweight planters fabricated from aluminium or fiberglass. Wood, stone and ceramic planters are typically heavy.
– Terracotta and plastic planters are not a wise investment as they crack from freeze thaw and do hold up to the elements well. Wood is an organic material and will decay if it is filled with soil.
– You should choose non-woody plant material such as grasses, succulents, other perennials and annuals. If trees are a possibility, then select those with small root balls.
– Containers (planters or pots) should have excellent drainage with the correct planting medium used and amount of drainage holes provided.
– As far as material is considered for rooftop, we can suggest durable wood, wooden slats as in a pergola, aluminium and plexiglass, plexiglass canopy, plexiglass metal construction and aluminium shafts to name a few.
DesignGatha will suggest you, which plants to choose for your rooftop garden!
What are the best plants for a rooftop garden?
We have perceived many residential rooftop gardens and terrace gardens exist in full sun, hence, we should consider plants that typically grow in full sun.
Moreover, if a taller building causes shades in your terrace, then you consider plants that require shade as well as bright sunlight. You should always pay attention to the amount and quality of the light that the plant receives.
Plants that typically grow in full sun, get shrivelled by high winds can grow well on a roof – think of plants that survive on a mountaintop, a beach or the open plains; so, we will help you to plan which is the “Right plant, and for the right place.”
With the help of 2d layouts of your space, 3d visualisations and a walk through if required by you, will give you a perspective on how your garden or rooftop terrace garden will look like!
Do tell us…
What’s your favourite spot in your terrace garden? Share your thoughts in the Comments section.